Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Local buses

This is a long journey... With an intention to go for Milam glacier trek, I've arrived to Munsyari village (just 11 hours by bus). The fun never stops in Indian buses. The locals sitting nearby ask exactly the same questions in the same precise order. One Australian guy I was talking to suggested to print a T-shirt with answers. It will go something like this:
1. Israel
2. 3 months
3. Computers
4. Yes, I like India
5. Yes, it's compulsory in Israel to go to the army
6. Girls also
7. No, not married
8. 27
... and so on. I think they have a subject in school "talk with gora" (means white, that's how the foreigners are called in villages). Although it's amusing, answering these questions 10 times a day can get on one's nerves. I'll improvise the answers next time :) Anyway, a guy sitting next to me in the bus presented me a huge bottle of rum. He's in the military service (which is at least 10 years in India, not compulsory :)), and apparently they get 6 bottles like this a year. It had a label "for use by military personnel only" and it was really heavy, so I gave it as a present to the guest house manager in Munsyari. This village has the best view on Himalayan range I've seen, including Nanda Devi (7800) just nearby. Unfortunately, it was raining for 3 days I've spent there, so I gave up the trek idea. Coming back by share jeep, I've arrived at Nainital, a hill station located near a Naini lake, which is supposed to be an eye of Shiva's wife. They call this place "The Switzerland of India", and soon I figured out it's not because of the lake, but because of the hotel prices... Reminded me of Eilat in some way. One night there and again by bus back to Haridwar, with thousands of baba here, smoking chillums and begging for money. I haven't decided if to go to another trek in Uttaranchal, or make my way to the Israeliada in Kulu and Parvati valley... Anyway, I have to rest some time from this life on bus seat.
bom

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think, the latest blog design is beatiful.

Anonymous said...

נכון לפעמים כשאתה מסתכל על בן אדם שלא ראית הרבה זמן או שיצא לך לדבר איתו אבל לא הרבה ואז, כשאתה מסתכל עליו, אתה שם לב לדברים שלעולם לא ראית שיש לו בפנים, תווי הפנים שלו שונים לחלוטין ממה שזכרת.

היום סידרתי את החדר, פתאום ראיתי תמונות מרומא (זוכר? הטיול לרומא, זה שלא פספסנו אף כנסיה שיש שם?) וראיתי תמונה שלך, ופתאום שמתי לב שעל הפנים שלך רואים את האופי שלך, אני עדין לא יודעת המ זה אומר לראות את האופי שלך, אבל הוא היה שם...

אני אל בטוחה אם שלושה חודשים זה הרבה או קצת אם עברו מהר או לאט... אבל 3 מתוך 12 זה רבע (זה המקסימום שאני יודעת במתמטיקה) אז נשאר רק עוד שלושת רבעיי...

תהנה בעמק הפווראטי ותשמור על עצמך שם במיוחד...

Unknown said...

איזה דברים את מגלה כשאת מסדרת את החדר...