Sunday, October 01, 2006

Palolem beach, Goa
















Here I am, in Goa, on a beach where a sunset looks like a postcard. I'm very busy: I do yoga at morning and then sit most of the day on the sand and think until my brains melt on the sun. Then I get in the water and swim, get out and sit on the beach again - and the process goes on. The beach looks like if a tsunami recenly passed over it: apparently, the municipality came with buldosers and destroyed illegal buildings, which used to be restaurants. I suppose it's more quiet now this way, and the season hasn't started yet although there's lots of people. Vendors of fruits and coconuts wander along the beach, so are icecream and massage wallas. It's hard to stay an hour without hearing one of them, so it's not really quiet. But there are more deserted beaches in a walking distance, it's pretty easy to escape.

No comments: