Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Khajuraho

Namaste :) Took me some time to return to the net... I'm staying in Khajuraho, now for the fifth day. Khajuraho is a quiet village, pretty isolated, but it has one of India's main attractions - the erotic temples, so it's a very touristic place. The buses with groups come at morning, people go to see the temples (they have some really wicked stuff, wait for the pictures to be uploaded :), and leave afternoon. I felt like doing this also, stay for maybe one day, maybe two days, and leave to Varanasi... but then it hit me.. I'm not here to learn history and shoot pics (not only, anyway). I came to see the life around, learn the way people live, enjoy beatiful landscapes! I've met some really great Indian people, who show me places around. We come to these villages, where people don't see tourists at all, so it's a big event, but I just sit there and understand, that I am just like them, maybe different in color and language, but we share the same basic things... and village people know how to enjoy simple life, bathing in river, watching sunrises and sunsets, live in the nature... Being in these places really took me back to my childhood, when I was riding a bike in the forest, and there was just this enourmous big world, and me, a tiny part of it..
Anyway, no pictures yet... just got them all burnt on cd, just wait... meanwhile, I'm wandering around, drinking chai, eating chapatis, talking with nice people :) Tomorrow, I plan to leave this place and go to a village not far away, to which my Indian friend invited me, and from there, we'll head for Varanasi. I love India :)

No comments: