Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Kargil

That was kinda weird, but on the way when the bus stopped for chai break, I saw a Homeini picture in the chaishop. It was hanging there among pictures of Laxmi, the Hindu goddess of wealth and the Dhalai Lama, as they together would surely bring a very good luck for the business. And Kargil, after an hour, was a change from what I saw so far in Ladakh. A Muslim town, for sure. I wasn't sure if I should tell people that I am Israeli. Then I found out there are some Afgans, so I wasn't sure telling that I'm Russian was a good idea either. But it was ok, noone seemed to care, I'm just another gora :) And it's a nice place, too - people are different, but calm and friendly. Homeini is popular here all right, but just as a poster, it seems. People are more interested in local life than in anything else.

No comments: