Sunday, July 23, 2006

Leh, again...

I spent 2 days in Leh, before going to the Markha valley trek. It was great: I renew my clothing, bought some books, got an ayurvedic massage and felt like a human being again. I couldn't stay for long, I really have to move after couple of days in a touristic place. So I caught a bus to Stok, and made a 6-day way, climbing on 3 passes and getting down again, staying in villages or in tent camps before the passes.



















I really enjoyed the homestays, and I was amazed by the local women. It seemed like the villages are ran down by them: they take care of the animals and the children, the farms and the house, cooking food, cleaning, constantly working and always friendly and welcoming.



















The people are really beatiful down there. They got this inner smile :)



















I usually woke up at 6, drank chai and picked some chappatis with me. I ate them on the way, with great berry jam I took from Leh. I made the last 2 passes really early, waking up at 3:30, getting to the top to the sunrise. It was weird, because I could hardly sleep on these nights, but walking on these hours was almost effortless, and I enjoyed it. It was freezing on the passes, but the views compensated.














On the way down from Kanda La, the second pass, I've spotted many animals, hares and marmites and birds. Very nice.














Anyways, I was looking forward to get back to Leh, to check the news from the North. Not very exciting. I wish those bastards kept using the Baka valley for its peaceful purposes, like people do with valleys here. I pray that this shit will be over soon. Be happy :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So nice pictures. So peaceful.
Don't pray, it's useless.
Take care.
Love you