Saturday, February 25, 2006

Aurangabad

I've been now two days in Aurangabad, which is eastern than Mumbai. Was very glad to get out of there, actually. After booking train tickets, I've spent the whole day in a taxi tour around Mumbai, and got to see some of the shocking stuff in the streets... Anyway, I've arrived in Aurangabad at 4am, and immediately taken by a riksha driver to some hotel not very far away from the train station. The next day my and an Italian couple made a tour in the city. It has nice Buddhist caves, which don't see many visitors. It also is very big industry of Himroo, which is kind of silk mixed with cotton. We were taken to see a Himroo factory, it was quite interesting.
I met a really nice auto-rikshaw driver, named Ashok, which was kind enough to give me some advice around the city, and helped me with planning my way north a little bit. He didn't want to take any money for that, either! In the evening, I've left this hotel and moved to a cheaper one. It's a dormitory, called Youth Hostel, and it is run by a very kind woman, named Frida. I got a nice sleep. Today, I went to see Ellora caves, which are 20km away from the city, they have Buddhist, Hindu and Jain carvings. Very impressive, very beatiful, although I've got really tired.
Tomorrow, I take a bus to Ajanta, which is known for its caves (yes, more caves!!), and from there, I'll continue to Jalgaon. From Jalgaon, I've booked a train ticket to Bhopal, which is in another state, called Madhya Pradesh (now I'm in Maharashtra). The computer I'm working is really slow, so I won't upload any pictures yet. See you around!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey achi,

its great to hear that you're having a great time.
after reading your post i realy think that you should find a place where you can see some CAVES!!!
at least one :).

take care of yourself and dont stop writing.

moshe.

Anonymous said...

אממ הוא גם אחי :)
אז היי אחי!

איזה כיף שכיף לך...
תכתוב לנו אימיילים
ואל תבהל מהמינון אימיילים שלנו...
הוא ירד עם הזמן
יבוא יום ותקבל רק חמישה ביום

HAVE FANAN!!!

אוהבת אותך
נדיה

Anonymous said...

Len4ik, I feel that you will continue with your trip and caves will be deeper, mountains will be higher, computers will be slower :)

We love you all !