Thursday, February 23, 2006

Namaste!

Finally, I've landed in Bombay! The flight was rough, so I'm very tired and not shocked as much as I expected... Everything is very different here, but it's not as horrible as I was told. Although they have like 20 million people here, absolutely no traffic rules, cows and goats on streets, very warm weather (35 degrees, no less)... I can manage it.














The first goal after arriving here was to get to the Chhatrapati Shivaju Terminus, or CST. That's a big railway station, from which I plan to take a train to Aurangabad. I took an auto-riksha, which is a funny vehicle: it has 3 wheels, but the maneuvering the driver does with it is unbelievable. Usually, there are no lanes painted on the road, and when there are, nobody gives a shit about them. Also, the drivers here like to use their horn very much, probably because most of the cars don't have mirrors at their sides. So, after going sometime on auto-riksha, I switched to a cab, and finally (after like 1.5 hours) reached the train station. This place looks very European, kind of Victorian palace :)














Luckily, there's counter for tourists, and I bought my ticket pretty quickly. I'm going tonight, on 21:05, in first class! There's not much to do until then. I dont wanna put my stuff in left luggage in the station, because it's closed in the time of my train. So, I'll hang around with the Lonely Planet a little bit ...

3 comments:

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Hello, just wanted to quickly how write how jealous I am, I'd love to go to India! How long are you staying? (And thanks for writing in English!)

Hai Zaar said...

Have a great time! :)

Anonymous said...

Greetings Space People,
Keep On Living The Dream!

Boom Bolenat!